In this position as a Naval Architect / Structural Engineer you will be involved in the design team and work together in an international and diverse team of professionals. You will mainly focus on the design of ship structures, their drawings and supporting calculations and/or the creation of detailed engineering models and production information of our commercial projects. Occasionally you will also be involved in research & development projects.
- Be involved in projects developed by our in-house team of Naval Architects from the concept or preliminary phase and support them with technical drawings and/or designs;
- Will you take these projects further into subsequent design phases, taking projects from start to finish;
- Draw and calculate the entire technical platform of the ship designs from the main structure to the smallest details.
This is because our relationship usually only gets involved in structural engineering when the ship is the result of our own design work; You know the ins and outs of the projects down to the smallest detail: we don't want you to just draw the shipbuilding structure...
The greatest quality you bring to the team is a passion for shipbuilding engineering and the structural design of the ships you work on.
You have extensive experience in ship or yacht building with a broad knowledge of Naval Architecture and engineering. In doing so, you will include the following elements:
- Education BSc./MSc. Shipbuilding or Maritime Engineering;
- Demonstrable ship design and engineering experience, preferably at an independent design agency;
- Knowledge of and experience with Autocad, Rhinoceros 3D, Microsoft Office Suite and Bentley / Maxsurf;
- A well-organized, customer-oriented and solution-oriented working attitude;
- Communicative and flexible;
- Excellent command of English in word and writing, Dutch is a plus;
- Additional knowledge of the other disciplines that play a major role in shipbuilding and yacht design.
- Holding a a citizenship within a NATO member country.
At our client, you will work on leading and exclusive projects, in a technically challenging atmosphere where a good work/life balance is key. Where, as senior naval architect, you manage the complexity of the projects with a communicative role to the client and a senior role in the technical team. A position with responsibility, collegiality and appreciation. Furthermore, you can expect the following:
- A good gross annual salary appropriate to the position and which grows with your career;
- 25 holiday days, with the possibility of buying up to 6 additional days;
- 13th Month;
- Reimbursement of commuting expenses;
- Personal training and hours budget;
- Profit sharing;
- Innovative projects;
- - Visiting relevant trade fairs, seminars and conferences at home and abroad;
- - Inspiring technical environment with space.
Our client is the largest specialized and independent Naval Architecture firm in the Netherlands. They are experts in hydrodynamics, naval architecture and design management and is fully dedicated to developing the most efficient hulls for boats, ships and yachts and maritime consultancy.
They believe in continuous improvement, high efficiency and sustainable designs. They strive for continuous innovation and further optimization of vessel performance, combining extensive in-house R&D with the use of state-of-the-art CFD software.
Through membership of the Dutch Association of Yacht Designers and Naval Architects, the NBJA (Dutch Association of Yacht Architects) and member of the industry association Netherlands Maritime Technology (NMT), the Holland Yachting Group and the Water Revolution Foundation. They play an active role in the Maritime Master Plan 2030.