The Lead Engineer gives technical advice by;
- Making a technical assessment concerning the producibility and feasibility of the yacht to be built in consultation with other disciplines;
- Offering support to the Lead Engineer and Project Manager Engineering (PME) in the realisation of the scope and planning;
- Identifying the technical bottlenecks and proposing possible (interdisciplinary) solutions and arguments to support choices.
In addition, as Lead Engineer you are involved in training new colleagues, improving quality standards and building knowledge and innovation within the field.
For this position, we are looking for someone with a passion for the profession and who is constantly thinking about how things can be done smarter and better. Your motivation is to think up, build and deliver the best and most beautiful yacht to a satisfied crew and customer every time. In addition, you bring:
- A higher professional education level and at least 3 years of experience within the construction process in the ship/yacht building industry.
- Customer and service-oriented attitude and proper coordination with the various disciplines, the project team and the client team that can make the superyacht;
- Knowledge of production techniques and experience with manufacturability of parts to be engineered;
- Good command of the Dutch and English language;
- Excellent command of CAD drawing packages and other basic routines. NX, Team Centre is an advantage;
- Up to date knowledge of relevant regulations such as Lloyd's, Solas and Large Yacht Code.
A job with a lot of responsibility and varied work, every day. We offer you a full-time job with a good salary, depending on your knowledge and experience. We also offer room for personal development and all this comes with appropriate primary and secondary employment conditions.
Our client has a rich history. The first steps were taken in 1849, which have led to the current organisation. They have a total of three docking halls and two slipways at different locations, where three to four superyachts are finished each year. Depending on the client's wishes, the yachts can vary in size from 70 to 120 metres. During peak periods, a total of approximately 850 professionals work on the yachts side by side. These are partly permanent employees, partly trusted co-makers and temporary workers.
The department devises and designs solutions for engine rooms and pipe systems, among other things. Designing these solutions involves a lot of work. You will specify, standardise and think about a cost-effective and space-efficient application of the mechanical systems and you will assist co-makers with the implementation of the systems into a properly functioning yacht.
You will work in multidisciplinary teams with the interior, construction, exterior and special engineering disciplines and use your expertise to advise on the mechanical aspects of engineering. In doing so, you take into account the regulations and the quality standards of the shipyard.
This you will do together with your fellow engineers, who are your functional superiors. Your team takes care of the detailed engineering, 3D models and various data sheets.