In your position of Junior Naval Architect, you will be engaged in engineering and calculation work on a wide range of yachts, both in size and in sailing speed. For newbuilds and refits, you will translate the owners' designs and wishes into a package of work that will be further elaborated and then built by the work preparation department of the shipyard.
The tasks lie in naval architecture, engineering and working out naval architectural designs. The senior naval architect will guide and support you to get the best out of yourself and to increase your technical knowledge. The shared passion for the profession combined with a strong and fun team makes every project a pleasure to work on. This makes work feel like a hobby.
- BSc. naval architecture or similar technical education;
- Experience as a shipbuilding draughtsman or constructor in ship or yacht building;
- Customer-oriented and solution-oriented attitude;
- Good command of Dutch and English in word and writing;
- Knowledge and experience of Autocad, Rhinoceros 3D or comparable programmes.
Our client is a shipbuilding company where personal contact is paramount. This in a pleasant work environment and with an eye for a good work/life balance. Be challenged to grow with the size and complexity of the projects and the organisation of the office, with a communicative role towards the client and a senior role in the team. A position with responsibility, collegiality and appreciation. Furthermore, you may expect the following:
- A competitive salary in line with the position and which grows with your career;
- Opportunity to visit relevant trade fairs, seminars and conferences at home and abroad.
Our client is a specialist in Naval Architecture for yachts. Located in an "office with a view", with a view on the North Sea and the harbour, you will work on challenging and leading projects.
The projects they work on are the technical designs of tenders to super yachts from < 10 m to 100+ m. For new builds and refits of yachts they translate the designs and wishes of the owners into a package of work that is further elaborated by the work preparation of the yard and then built.