The Senior Engineer gives technical advice by;
- Making a technical assessment concerning the producibility and feasibility of the yacht to be built in consultation with other disciplines;
- Offering support to the Lead Engineer and Project Manager Engineering (PME) in the realisation of the scope and planning;
- Identifying technical bottlenecks and proposing possible (interdisciplinary) solutions and arguments to support choices.
- In addition, as a Senior Engineer you will be involved in the induction of new colleagues, the improvement of quality standards and the building up of knowledge and innovation within the discipline.
The Senior Engineers we are looking for contribute to the development of the department and with that of the organisation as a whole.
For this position we require a higher professional education and at least 3 years of experience within the construction process in the ship/yacht building industry.
- Knowledge of production techniques and experience with the manufacturability of components to be engineered (doors, hatches, railing and sunblinds);
- Command of the Dutch and English languages;
- Excellent command of CAD drawing packages and other basic routines. NX, Team Centre is an advantage;
- Up to date knowledge of relevant regulations such as Lloyd's, Solas and Large Yacht Code.
A job with a lot of responsibility and varied work, every day. We offer you a full-time job with a good salary, depending on your knowledge and experience. We also offer room for personal development and all this comes with appropriate primary and secondary employment conditions.
Our client has a rich history. The first steps were taken in 1849, which have led to the current organisation. They have a total of three docking halls and two slipways at different locations, where three to four superyachts are finished each year. Depending on the client's wishes, the yachts can vary in size from 70 to 120 metres. During peak periods, a total of approximately 850 professionals work on the yachts side by side. These are partly permanent employees, partly trusted co-makers and temporary workers.
The department devises and designs solutions for doors, hatches, railing work and sun blinds, among other things. Designing these solutions involves a great deal of thought. Consideration is given to the use of materials, the various applicable production techniques, assembly, use, costs and feasibility. All this before the solution can be taken into production. You advise and guide your team and work together on the best possible solutions.
You do this together with your fellow engineers, who are your functional superiors. Your team takes care of the detail engineering, 3D models and various data sheets.