In this role, you will be part of the naval architecture team. You will coordinate and manage technical design projects based on content, progress, budget and quality. In a coaching role, you will also assist less experienced naval architect colleagues and their projects. The design & proposal team will handle development and concept design issues. You will work in an international and diverse team of professionals.
In terms of content, you are responsible for the technical development and progress of projects, budget and planning. You are also the point of contact in external communication and act as escalation contact within certain projects. You liaise with the internal and external project teams, and their co-makers. This translates into the following tasks:
- Coordinating and shaping projects and project teams;
- Coaching fellow naval architects, in terms of content and project coordination;
- Assisting in the development of concepts and projects and preparing tenders;
- Questioning technical deepening of a theoretical design issue;
- Functions as escalation point towards clients;
- Reporting to the management.
The greatest qualities you will bring to the team are knowledge and passion for naval architecture, great problem-solving skills and proactive communication with clients and co-makers.
You have extensive experience in ship or yacht building with a broad knowledge of Naval Architecture and engineering. In doing so, you will include the following elements:
- Education BSc./MSc. Shipbuilding or Maritime Engineering;
- Demonstrable ship design and engineering experience, preferably at an independent design agency;
- Project Management experience;
- Knowledge of and experience with Autocad, Rhinoceros 3D, Microsoft Office Suite and Bentley / Maxsurf;
- A well-organized, customer-oriented and solution-oriented working attitude;
- Communicative and flexible;
- Excellent command of English in word and writing, Dutch is a plus;
- Experience in planning and reporting;
- Additional knowledge of the other disciplines that play a major role in shipbuilding and yacht design.
At our client, you will work on leading and exclusive projects, in a technically challenging atmosphere where a good work/life balance is key. Where, as senior naval architect, you manage the complexity of the projects with a communicative role to the client and a senior role in the technical team. A position with responsibility, collegiality and appreciation. Furthermore, you can expect the following:
- A gross annual salary in the range of EUR 50,000 to a maximum of EUR 70,000 appropriate to the position and which grows with your career;
- 25 holiday days, with the possibility of buying up to 6 additional days.
- Reimbursement of commuting expenses;
- Personal training and hours budget;
- Profit sharing up to approximately a thirteenth month;
- Innovative projects;
- Visiting relevant trade fairs, seminars and conferences at home and abroad;
- Inspiring technical environment with space.
Our client is the largest specialized and independent Naval Architecture firm in the Netherlands. They are experts in hydrodynamics, naval architecture and design management and is fully dedicated to developing the most efficient hulls for boats, ships and yachts and maritime consultancy.
They believe in continuous improvement, high efficiency and sustainable designs. They strive for continuous innovation and further optimization of vessel performance, combining extensive in-house R&D with the use of state-of-the-art CFD software.
Through membership of the Dutch Association of Yacht Designers and Naval Architects, the NBJA (Dutch Association of Yacht Architects) and member of the industry association Netherlands Maritime Technology (NMT), the Holland Yachting Group and the Water Revolution Foundation. They play an active role in the Maritime Master Plan 2030.