In the Yacht Equipment department, solutions for doors, hatches, hydraulics, among others, are conceived and designed. A lot is involved in the design of these solutions. We think about the use of materials, the various applicable production techniques, assembly, use, costs, manufacturability and much more, before the solution can be taken into production.
You do this together with your fellow engineers and the Lead Engineer to whom you report. In your daily work, you are responsible, among other things, for the detail engineering, 3D models and various data sheets of the project to which your team is attached.
You mainly figure out how to make a part fit. Here you are in close contact with the work preparation and colleagues within the production departments. So you work on the efficient execution of the Yacht Equipment of the superyacht.
For this position, we are looking for someone with a passion for the profession and who is constantly thinking about how things can be done smarter and better. Your motivation is to think up, build and deliver the best and most beautiful yacht to a satisfied crew and customer every time. In addition, you bring:
- A higher professional education level and at least 10 years of experience within the construction process in the ship/yacht building industry;
- More as 5 years experience in detail engineering of Yacht Equipment as doors, hatches, hydraulics;
- Customer and service-oriented attitude and proper coordination with the various disciplines, the project team and the client team that can make the superyacht;
- Knowledge of production techniques and experience with manufacturability of parts to be engineered;
- Good command of the Dutch and English language;
- Excellent command of CAD drawing packages and other basic routines. NX, Team Centre is an advantage;
- Up to date knowledge of relevant regulations such as Lloyd's, Solas and Large Yacht Code.
A job with a lot of responsibility and varied work, every day. We offer you a full-time job with a good salary, depending on your knowledge and experience. We also offer room for personal development and all this comes with appropriate primary and secondary employment conditions.
Our client has a rich history. The first steps were taken in 1849, which have led to the current organisation. They have a total of three docking halls and two slipways at different locations, where three to four superyachts are finished each year. Depending on the client's wishes, the yachts can vary in size from 70 to 120 metres. During peak periods, a total of approximately 850 professionals work on the yachts side by side. These are partly permanent employees, partly trusted co-makers and temporary workers.
The department devises and designs solutions for engine rooms and pipe systems, among other things. Designing these solutions involves a lot of work. You will specify, standardise and think about a cost-effective and space-efficient application of the mechanical systems and you will assist co-makers with the implementation of the systems into a properly functioning yacht.
You will work in multidisciplinary teams with the interior, construction, exterior and special engineering disciplines and use your expertise to advise on the mechanical aspects of engineering. In doing so, you take into account the regulations and the quality standards of the shipyard.
This you will do together with your fellow engineers, who are your functional superiors. Your team takes care of the detailed engineering, 3D models and various data sheets.