The Interior discipline of the Engineering Department is responsible for realizing the engineering for the entire interior of the superyacht. This includes stairs, floors, ceilings and also (fixed) furniture, for example.
To ensure the engineering and production process runs as smoothly as possible, you liaise frequently with your fellow engineers from other disciplines, such as Mechanical Engineering, Construction, Exterior, and Special Engineering. You take yard standards and quality into account and safeguard these during the process. You are jointly responsible for monitoring the flow of information to and from production. As a result of a tight process and a good information flow towards production, production schedules and standards can be met within time, budget, and according to the right quality.
You have knowledge of the entire construction process of seaworthy (super)yachts and an excellent command of the Dutch and English language in both word and writing. Furthermore, you are computer-literate with, among others, the CAD drawing package, NX, Team Centre and other basic routines;
- You like to keep abreast of aspects of the construction process that are interesting to you and are able to respond to these with your team.
- You have at least 5 years' work experience in a comparable position and preferably experience within the ship or yacht building industry.
- At least hbo working and thinking level.
- You have strong communication skills and ensure that your colleagues are well informed about the technical specifications and their developments.
- Good command of the English language, Dutch is an advantage.
A job with a lot of responsibility and varied work, every day. We offer you a full-time job with a good salary, depending on your knowledge and experience. We also offer room for personal development and all this comes with appropriate primary and secondary benefits.
Our client has a rich history. Back in 1849, the first steps were taken that led to the current organisation. They have a total of three dock halls and two slipways at various locations, where three to four superyachts are completed each year. Depending on customer requirements, the yachts can range in size from 70 to 120 metres. In peak periods, a total of some 850 professionals work side by side on the yachts. These are partly permanent employees, partly trusted co-makers and temporary workers.
The Interior discipline of the Engineering Department is responsible for realising the engineering for the entire interior of the superyacht. This includes stairs, floors, ceilings but also (fixed) furniture, for example.