As Project Planner Engineering, your job is varied and challenging. You will be part of a composite project team. The Project Planner's responsibility is to monitor the planning process and ensure that the right input is obtained for the schedules. The core task is to identify opportunities to improve and optimise planning and efficiency, so that a high-quality product is delivered within the specified period.
In addition, you perform the following tasks;
- Setting up and monitoring the project, engineering and department;
- Supporting the Project Manager Engineering in project coordination
- Providing insight into the relations between planned activities;
- Providing insight into the progress of planned work;
- Monitoring overviews with regard to deadlines;
- Drafting reports of meetings;
- Identifying bottlenecks that impede the progress of the project;
- Proposing practical solutions for project management issues, solicited and unsolicited.
- Providing reports on the progress of current projects.
The ideal candidate has an HBO work and thinking level with technical affinity. You have experience in working on a project basis and you are good at thinking in terms of processes. You are good at asking critical questions until you have an answer that gives you insight and overview. In addition, you have the following characteristics:
- You are flexible;
- You have strong organisational skills;
- Preferably knowledge/experience within the ship/yacht building industry
- Knowledge of business processes and project work;
- Experience with MS-Project and PowerBI is an advantage;
- Very strong analytical skills;
- Affinity with project management (risk management and/or quality);
- You communicate clearly, both in writing and orally (Dutch & English);
- You are result-oriented.
A job with a lot of responsibility and varied work, every day. We offer you a full-time job with a good salary, depending on your knowledge and experience. We also offer room for personal development and all this comes with appropriate primary and secondary employment conditions such as:
- A full-time job (40 hours per week) in an inspiring superyacht working environment;
- You will work approximately 50% at home and 50% on the yard;
- A market-conforming salary;
- Good travel allowance without kilometer restriction;
- Pension scheme.
Our client has a rich history. The first steps were taken in 1849, which have led to the current organisation. They have a total of three docking halls and two slipways at different locations, where three to four superyachts are finished each year. Depending on the client's wishes, the yachts can vary in size from 70 to 120 metres. During peak periods, a total of approximately 850 professionals work on the yachts side by side. These are partly permanent employees, partly trusted co-makers and temporary workers.
As Project Planner Engineering, you will be working in a project team in one of the departments within a rapidly developing and growing organisation. Here, among other things, you will take care of the planning of the information supply, including hours, work of own project staff and work of subcontractors. Together with your colleagues, you are a link in the realisation of one of our self-designed and built super yachts. As a Planner, you are mainly concerned with the progress and quality assurance within the project (the luxury yacht) and you also work closely with the specialists in the department.