You know what you're talking about and are enthusiastic, perhaps you're even a typical 'boat geek'. In any case, you (like us) are happy with a well thought-out design and accurate drawings with an eye for detail. Furthermore, you have good communication skills, are an organizer and a team player.
Under your direction Projects Leads, Engineers and other specialists translate customer requirements into a manufacturable design. These are then built by our customers and various co-makers. Throughout the process, you monitor and supervise the engineering project planning, progress, budget, quality, efficiency and you make adjustments where necessary. Furthermore you will be:
- Working closely with the other members of the project team and ensuring connections, interfaces and interactions with all other parts of the project and the overall project portfolio within the yard.
- Providing operational leadership to the multidisciplinary engineering (project) team to improve productivity and yields.
- Ensuring the delivery of the complex engineering issues within set quality standards, customer values and within planning and budget, while setting the right priorities.
- Coordination with-and control agreements between-all parties involved:
- Sister companies
- Naval Architect firms
Your responsibilities include: engineering project progress control, project content, providing clear specifications and preconditions for construction, subcontracting and/or further detailed engineering. Including a clear and correct transfer to other partners such as shipyards and production facilities.
You have at least BSc./MSc. working and thinking level and a completed education within Shipbuilding.You have industry and management experience within the ship or yacht building industry including experience with design & engineering processes.You have an excellent command of both the English and Dutch languages. You are used to working on large projects with corresponding budgets. Delivering a project on time, on budget and to high quality standards gives you energy. Further more you will be:
- Acting as a sparring partner for the site's internal teams, co-makers and project manager;
- Analysing needs in the process to meet client expectations;
- Able to proactively generate actions leading to project improvement;
- Leading the projects, with natural leadership and persuasiveness, with this you know how to convince not only your immediate project team colleagues but also the rest of the organisation, subcontractors and co-makers;
Working in a close and motivated team where we value your ideas about your contribution to the development of the company. Your job is responsible and varied and grows with your development. You will contribute to the construction of leading superyachts and innovative commercial vessels. Beautiful work to be proud of.
A job with a lot of responsibility and varied work, every day. You get a lot of freedom in the execution of the job. We offer you a full-time job with a good salary depending on your knowledge and experience. We also offer room for personal development and all this comes with appropriate primary and secondary benefits such as a travel allowance and opportunities to work from home.
Marimecs specializes in project management, design, engineering of luxury yachts and unique vessels for commercial use. Think of well-known classic sailing yachts to luxury explorer yachts in which they incorporate the latest high-tech features. They also design innovative commercial vessels for cruise ships, hydraulic engineering, offshore and port companies. Due to this growing order portfolio, we are looking to expand their team.