You are responsible for monitoring the financial progress of the Refit projects. You do this in close cooperation with the project manager and the project team. Together with the project manager, you are the face of the Division for and its global customers. You will be sitting directly at the table with the customer representative and thus experience the process from sale to delivery at close quarters.
- As a sparring partner of the project manager, you will add value both for the Refits Division and for the customer;
- You are expected to acquire good knowledge of the contract and the technical specification and to translate these into financial consequences and any risks;
- You will monitor the financial progress of the projects. In addition, you support the project managers with analyses. You periodically draw up a new forecast;
- As a financial conscience you are able to identify project risks in time. You come up with proposals to reduce these risks;
- Due to the dynamics of the projects, there is more and less work. You draw up the financial specifications and present them to the owner team. You do this in close cooperation with the project team;
- You regularly join the consultation with the owner team to discuss the financial developments of the project;
- We are an organisation in development. You are constantly alert to process improvements and come up with proposals.
You have a completed HBO education in financial/economic direction. Furthermore, you bring the following with you:
- Strong affinity with technology and familiar with the motor/yacht and/or shipbuilding sector;
- Minimum of five years' experience in a similar position in a project-based environment;
- You have a flexible, independent and accurate working attitude;
- Pro-activity, analytical and critical, with the necessary powers of persuasion;
- Ability to translate technical matters into financial consequences;
- Excellent communication skills;
- And a good command of the English and Dutch languages.
So it's a job with a lot of responsibility and varied work, every day. We offer you a full-time job with a good salary, depending on your knowledge and experience. We also offer room for personal development and all this comes with appropriate primary and secondary employment conditions where hybrid and remote working are possible in consultation
Our client is a family business with several locations in the north of the Netherlands and over three hundred employees. They have modern halls and offices at various shipyards in the north of the country. At the largest finishing location of approximately 30,000 square metres, sailing and motor yachts from thirty to ninety metres are built.
Besides custom yachts, they also have a specific division for superstructure and related elements such as sail systems, composites, windbreaks, hatches and doors. Refits are mainly carried out in the Amsterdam region. As Project Controller you will be working within the Finance department and you will be the financial conscience of the Refit projects.
"If you can dream it, we can build it" is our client's motto, whereby they dream of modelled aluminium, of ultramodern high-tech design and production according to old-fashioned craftsmanship.