As Manager Mechanical, you are part of the project team. Together with the Project Manager, the Manager Interior, the Manager Exterior and the other project team members, you take care of the yacht from the moment the sales contract is signed until it is delivered. For this you keep an eye on the specifications, the planning and the budget.
In this role, you will supervise all aspects related to the technology on board the yacht. These aspects include all construction, mechanical and electrical systems, but also regulations. This includes design and engineering. You regularly consult with the owner's team. You also regularly consult with suppliers, co-builders and other colleagues in the company.
You assess the design and engineering of the suppliers and co-builders on customer expectations, budget and feasibility, among other things. In addition, you work closely with the Engineering team and, on behalf of the purchase, you ensure the correct specifications. During the completion period at the shipyard, you will function as a source of information.
The tasks consist of, among others:
- Solving technical challenges on the project
- Actively working on and monitoring planning, lead time, efficiency and cost-saving
- Coordinating priorities and risks within the project;
- Ensuring continuous improvement within the production department;
- Setting up and following up processes;
- Organising how potential problems/delays can be resolved;
- Ensuring proper training plans/guidance of production.
You are a professional Manager Mechanical who communicates clearly, motivates and inspires. You have extensive experience of working within a matrix organization and find it a challenge to align the various interests so that they serve the goal of delivering the yacht. You bring along the following qualities:
- BSc. work and thinking level, preferably in the field of mechanical engineering;
- Extensive experience with the completion and / or commissioning of yachts;
- + 5 years of experience in a similar position within the yacht- or shipbuilding sector;
- Broad experience with setting up structure and processes within an organization;
- You have experience in training plans, capacity management and continuous improvement (quality);
- Excellent command of the Dutch and English languages.
A job with a lot of responsibility and varied work, every day. We offer you a full-time job with a good salary, depending on your knowledge and experience. We also offer room for personal development and all this comes with appropriate primary and secondary employment conditions.
The yard has occupied a prominent place in Dutch yacht building for almost 170 years and specializes in building luxury motor yachts with a length of 70 to a maximum of 160 meters. In addition, refits of existing yachts are carried out.