As Manager Engineering, you are responsible for the individual development and performance of your employees. The primary focus is on achieving the work according to mile-stone planning, quality and budget. You are aware of the cooperation between the customer, engineering, production and sales links in order to improve integral processes throughout the chain.
You are a communicative, independent and results-oriented person with a passion for engineering, able to motivate and lead a team. You can get on well with people of different levels and nationalities. You also have a signaling role to strengthen and expand the organization's positioning within the market.
To perform well, an BSc./MSc. degree in Shipbuilding Engineering or Maritime Engineering would be a good background or basis. We require at least 5 years of relevant experience in a similar position or industry. Furthermore, you bring:
- Experience in managing, developing, and motivating individual employees and teams;
- Extensive experience in monitoring project progress and results;
- Experience with costing and technical specifications, knowledge of standards and regulations;
- Familiar with assessing drawings and diagrams on the functional operation of (marine engineering) installations;
- Good knowledge of stability calculations, hydrodynamics, and GA;
- Ability to work with 2D/3D programs;
- Providing clear and correct reports;
- Command of the Dutch and English languages in word and writing.
Our relation offers you an informal working atmosphere and room for your own input, as well as appropriate primary and secondary terms of employment
- Knowledge and training budget
- Challenging projects at different clients
- No-nonsense organization where sharing knowledge and experience are key;
- A lot of freedom in performing the job
- Job with a lot of responsibility and varied work.
Our client is an engineering firm founded in 1972 as a detail engineering division of a conglomerate. Over the years, the company developed into an independent knowledge centre for the maritime industry in the Netherlands and abroad.
It currently employs 45 passionate naval architects, structural engineers, detail engineers and mechanical engineers. Organized into four departments: naval architecture, structural design, mechanical engineering and detail engineering
They offer concept design, basic design and detail engineering for newbuildings and life-time support of a ship. They also assist with modifications and mobilizations, and provide project-specific engineering. Our specialists in are able to help with any idea or challenge.