Our client sees Finite Element Methods as a high-level technical knowledge area and an important part of the core of our engineering process. Besides working on projects, you will help further develop this specific knowledge within the organisation with the FEM team. Your activities will include:
- Planning, executing and/or supervising daily FEM activities on a project basis, for example modelling and calculating longitudinal strength, vibrations and specific (local) construction details;
- Supervising and coaching of FEM colleagues;
- Consultation and coordination with Principal Engineer Computational Methods, Project Engineers and Project Managers Design about FEM as a discipline, but also project specific;
- Supporting the implementation or standardisation of policies, processes and methodologies both within the organisation and from within your discipline;
- Continuously communicate with stakeholders about the progress, technical issues and solutions of the requested FEM work in the projects;
- Assisting in the development and testing of tools and methodologies;
- Planning, executing and/or reviewing work outside the standard project scope;
- Setting out and supervising external FEM work (scope, planning, quotation and evaluation).
You are part of the FEM knowledge centre within the Structural Engineering department, where you work with a team of FEM engineers simultaneously on various projects. You report to the Pool Manager Structural Engineering.
- BSc. / WO thinking and working level, including a relevant diploma;
- More than 4 years of relevant work experience as FEM / Structural Engineer;
- Knowledge of ship structures and experience with the working methods of inspection bodies such as LR, DNV or BV;
- Knowledge of 3D CAD software (eg: NX, Inventor, Solidworks);
- Excellent knowledge of FEM for static and dynamic analysis;
- Experience with commercial packages (e.g. Ansys, NASTRAN, Femap, RFEM);
- Preferably programming knowledge for the development of tools (e.g. VBA, Python);
- Command of the English language orally and in writing; Dutch is an advantage.
- Positive attitude, collaborative, organisational awareness and helicopter view;
- Experience in coaching and supervising colleagues and focused on process optimisation;
- Someone with good social and communicative skills, vision and analytical capacity;
- You are result-oriented and good at planning and organising.
A job with a lot of responsibility and varied work, every day. We offer you a full-time job with a good salary, depending on your knowledge and experience. We also offer room for personal development and all this comes with appropriate primary and secondary employment conditions such as:
Ample room for personal development;
- You work approximately 50% at home and 50% at the office;
- The opportunity to further develop the field of FEM;
- Informal working atmosphere with high ambitions;
- Pension scheme.
Our client is a leading architectural firm that provides design, engineering and research & development of unique, custom-built superyachts. Approximately 200 professionals work in the following disciplines: Design, Naval Architecture, Marine Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Interior and Exterior.
A team of project leaders takes care of the management of all ongoing projects. They also have a Research & Development department. This gives them all the expertise they need to carry out the entire design and engineering process.
As Lead FEM Engineer you work for the Structural Engineering department.