To ensure the engineering and production process runs as smoothly as possible, you liaise frequently with your fellow engineers from other disciplines, such as Mechanical Engineering, Construction, Exterior, and Special Engineering. You take yard standards and quality into account and safeguard these during the process. You are jointly responsible for monitoring the flow of information to and from production. As a result of a tight process and a good information flow towards production, production schedules and standards can be met within time, budget, and according to the right quality.
You have knowledge of the entire building process of seaworthy (super)yachts. You are computer literate with 3D CAD drawing package (NX, Team Centre is a big plus) and other basic routines;
- You like to stay informed about the interesting aspects of the building process and you and your team can respond to this.
- You have at least 5 years of work experience in a similar position and preferably experience within the ship or yacht building industry.
- Familiar with setting up and working out arrangements and ensure the integration and progress of the Construction discipline.
- Minimum BSc.working and thinking level.
- You are strong communicator, you ensure that your colleagues are well informed about the technical specifications and their developments.
- Good command of the English language, Dutch is an advantage.
A job with a lot of responsibility and varied work, every day. We offer you a full-time job with a good salary, depending on your knowledge and experience. We also offer room for personal development and all this comes with appropriate primary and secondary benefits.
Our client has a rich history. Back in 1849, the first steps were taken that led to the current organisation. They have a total of three dock halls and two slipways at various locations, where three to four superyachts are completed each year. Depending on customer requirements, the yachts can range in size from 70 to 120 metres. In peak periods, a total of some 850 professionals work side by side on the yachts. These are partly permanent employees, partly trusted co-makers and temporary workers.
The Interior discipline of the Engineering Department is responsible for realising the engineering for the entire interior of the superyacht. This includes stairs, floors, ceilings but also (fixed) furniture, for example.