The Junior Project Manager is responsible for organising and supervising the entire project in such a way that the luxury yacht, according to the technical design, is realised with a high level of quality, efficiently, within budget and on schedule, to the satisfaction of the client. Your tasks will include
- Draw up, discuss and issue a planning;
- Organising and chairing progress meetings;
- Managing engineers, subcontractors and suppliers;
- Responsible for compliance with contract and specification;
- Draw up, discuss and/or freeze the budget;
- Managing the project team;
- Providing monthly reports to the board;
- Involving the owner's representative in the execution, to the satisfaction of the customer.
You are! - You are self-confident and have experience in yacht building or shipbuilding. Furthermore, you are empathic, decisive, customer-oriented, inventive, accurate and energetic. In addition, you bring the following with you:
- BSc. or academic work/thinking level;
- Minimum of 2 years' experience as a project manager (in the yacht or shipbuilding industry);
- Knowledge and experience of superyacht production is preferred;
- Technical knowledge of shipbuilding;
- Knowledge of the Dutch and English language orally and in writing;
- Basic knowledge of Autocad light, can read and understand construction drawings;
- Experience with office packages, spreadsheet and word processing programmes.
You will be working in a close team with colleagues who are just as driven as you are. Communication is direct, the atmosphere open and informal. A job with responsibility, collegiality and appreciation.
A job with a lot of responsibility and varied work, every day. You will get a lot of freedom in the execution of the job. We offer you a full-time job with a good salary, depending on your knowledge and experience.
Our client supplies superyachts, SeaXplorer expedition yachts and Yacht Support vessels. This is on spec, semi-series or custom build.
It is a Dutch family business and is proud of its long pedigree of craftsmanship. From their offices in Vlissingen in the Netherlands and Gdynia in Poland, they deliver yachts with around 450 yacht building professionals. Together with hundreds of specialised co-makers, they deliver what they promise with unrivalled know-how, planning and a passion for innovation.
Our client is the yacht division of the world's largest specialised shipbuilder, operating 35 yards worldwide with a total of 12,000 employees.