You will work in a close-knit and dynamic team. The primary task is to work out elements in 2D and 3D. You can think of sail systems, composites, windbreaks, hatches and doors for sailing yachts up to more than 100 m.
The tasks can vary from setting up concepts and performing calculations to detailing designs in the area of sail systems, composites, windbreaks, hatches and doors. There is also the possibility of testing these products in practice. This of course on the basis of your knowledge, experience and interests!
We work with various 2D and 3D CAD packages to work out the designs in Inventor. If you have the knowledge and interest, there is also the possibility to broaden the design with your input and using (non-linear) simulation software (FEM/CFD).
You have experience in shipbuilding or yacht building, preferably with an HTS mechanical engineering background or technical training. Whereby you possess the following qualities:
- Education Intermediate Vocation / BSc.. Mechanical- , Maritime Engineering, Aviation/Sailing or Mechatronics;
- Several years of drawing, design and/or engineering work experience in, for example, shipbuilding, yacht building, sailing boats, apparatus engineering or machine building;
- Knowledge of and experience with Autocad 2D;
- Command of Inventor 3D;
- The ability to work with FEM/CFD is an advantage;
- Experience with composites is an advantage;
- Good command of English orally and in writing, Dutch is an advantage.