You will work closely with the phase responsible managers. These include the Hull Manager during the construction of the hull, the Engineering Manager during the engineering phase and the Outfittings Manager during the actual production phase at the shipyards. You are part of one or more project team(s) and the project owner for the electrical part of the superyacht. You are an advisor and therefore an important linking pin with the designers and contracted suppliers. Through your substantive knowledge, you easily translate the wishes or requirements of the client or architect into feasible solutions while monitoring the more/less costs.
Specific duties in this role include:
- Managing the construction process from contract phase to delivery;
- Making technical request specifications;
- Having one or more projects at a time;
- Monitoring the project in terms of budget, time and quality;
- First point of contact for Team Leaders and suppliers;
- Cost reduction in the product and process.
Concrete you will be busy daily with:
- Managing the construction process, within your scope, from contract phase to completion and monitoring the agreements made;
- Coordination between all parties involved:
- Owner representative
- Phase managers
- Preparation of project, progress reports
For this position, we require someone with passion for the trade and who is constantly thinking about how things can be done smarter and better. Your motivation is to invent, build and deliver the best and most beautiful yacht every time to a satisfied crew and customer. In addition, you bring along at least a HBO working and thinking level and a completed degree in Electrical Engineering (or similar) You have knowledge of the yacht building process, knowledge in the field of system integration and you have experience with project-based work.
You are used to collaborate within large projects and never lose sight of your own scope. We expect you to have an excellent command of the Dutch and English language, both verbally and in writing, and:
- Experience with (large) similar projects;
- A quick translation of the client's wishes and the feasibility within time and budget and can anticipate on this;
- Monitor the project plan in terms of budget, time and quality;
- Flexible and quick to anticipate changes in both design and production;
- Collaborate easily by nature;
- You always strive for the highest quality and enjoy learning about the latest developments in your field.
A job with a lot of responsibility and varied work, every day. We offer you a full-time job with a good salary, depending on your knowledge and experience. We also offer room for personal development and all this comes with appropriate primary and secondary employment conditions.
Our client has a rich history. The first steps were taken in 1849, which have led to the current organisation. They have a total of three docking halls and two slipways at different locations, where three to four superyachts are finished each year. Depending on the client's wishes, the yachts can vary in size from 70 to 120 metres. During peak periods, a total of approximately 850 professionals work on the yachts side by side. These are partly permanent employees, partly trusted co-makers and temporary workers.
The E discipline within the project management department is responsible for all electrical issues. This includes project support, engineering support, standardization, service and refit support, E-supplier selection, calculations, innovations and flag state and class related items.